ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK YET? If the answer is yes … congratulations! The next step is to start making friends and posing GOOD content. We will talk about this in more detail soon! Stay Tuned!
If the answer is no … then you may want to keep reading on HOW TO CREATE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT:
Before You Start
- Signing up for an account is 100% free.
- You need to be 13 years old older to join. http://www.facebook.com/help.php? page=173
- You need a valid email address to sign up for Facebook.
- You can only use the same email address once; if you already have a Facebook account and want to create an additional once, you need to use another email address.
- Visit Facebook’s homepage.http://www.facebook.com/ You will be greeted by the sign up field.
- Type in name, email address, password of choice, sex and birthday.
- Facebook will send you a registration email next. Log in to your email account and click on the link in the email.
- After signing up, you can start to customize your profile page and add friends.
- When you first sign in, you will be asked to join a regional network. If you choose to do so, your profile page will be accessible to others in the network.
After Signing Up
- Facebook is meant mostly for people who want to connect with people they know. You can therefore not view someone’s profile page until you become friends or they send you a message, unless you join a Facebook regional network.
- If you want to add someone as a friend, choose “Add as Friend” after finding the person. The person has the option of declining your request.
- If you are not sure if the person will know or remember who you are, you can send them a message before you ask to add them as a friend. This allows them to view your basic profile information for one month.
- You can search for friends by name, use the friend finder to search through the addresses in your email account or search for friends by school or workplace.
Signing up for Facebook is quick and only takes a few minutes. After you signed up, you should spend some time adding friends to your account, however, so that you can enjoy Facebook fully.