DO YOU HAVE A FACEBOOK FAN PAGE FOR YOUR BUSINESS? By now you should have created a Facebook account (if not … please read my previous post)
Step 1: Login to Facebook
- Go to www.facebook.com
- Enter your username and password to login to your page
- Once you have successfully logged on, you are ready to begin creating your Facebook fan page.
Step 2: Go to the Advertising Section
(This will be located at the very bottom right hand side of the page)
- Click through to the “Advertising” landing page.
- Select the “Pages” option from the toolbar that appears at the top of the page (underneath the main toolbar). You will see a small flag icon to the immediate left of the “Pages” link.
- Click the green button that says “Create a Page.”
- You will now be taken to the page that will allow you to actually make a Facebook fan page.
Step 3: Create Your Page
Actually making your Facebook fan page involves several steps. Follow these steps in order to create a Facebook fan page.
- Designate a category for your Facebook page. Your choices will be “Local,” “Brand, Product or Organization” or “Artist, Band or Public Figure.” Depending on what option you choose, additional categories will appear in a drop-down. You should then choose the most relevant category. If you are a collision centre for instance, you’ll want to create “Local Business.”
- Enter the name of the thing for which you are creating the Facebook fan page. This will also become your page name.
- Confirm that you have the authority to create the page.
- Click “Create Page.”
Step 4: Design Your Page
- Upload a profile picture by selecting that option at the top of the page.
- Make sure you choose a picture that represents your product, business or idea. Review it to make sure that it looks good in a thumbnail version, since that will be the image most visible on Facebook.
- Add information about your product, business or idea via the “Add information to this Page” link underneath your profile picture to make sure people visiting your page will have as much information as possible. If you are creating a fan page for something with an associated website, link to that site. If you are creating a page for a restaurant, make sure to include the address and phone number.
- Make your page dynamic and engaging by adding applications. Be sure to regularly change your Facebook status.
Step 5: Publish Your Page
Your Facebook fan page is not yet live until you click the “Publish this Page” link.
- Once published, visit the “Edit Page” link to change your settings (such as age restrictions) as desired.
- Don’t forget to become a fan of your newly created Facebook fan page from your personal page.
- Once you have created and published your page, recognize that the work doesn’t stop here. You’ll want to do things to ensure that as you add new fans, you keep them. Keep the page “fresh” by adding new material regularly.
Step 6: Maintain a Good Fan Page
Once you have created your Facebook fan page and people have begun to sign up and follow it, you’ll need to do things to keep them interested. Why should they follow your page? Why should they come back? One way to keep interest levels high is to regularly post new information on the page. If you have created a Facebook fan page for a business, for example, you can post information about that business – news clippings, videos, anything you think will be of interest to someone who has become a “fan.” Also, with regard to businesses specifically, you can keep fueling interest by offering contests and giving away products.